Ideas to Advertise Your Business
So, you’ve completed your beauty training, however you’re not sure how to find clients for your business quickly! Here, we have compiled a list of ideas to help you advertise your business. Note: you don’t have to spend a fortune to get started!
- Signs – Put a sign out the front to advertise your business. Even if you work from home, pop up the sign out the front of your home every morning and you will be surprised how much business you can get out of a quiet street. You will find neighbours booking appointments and numerous cars pulling up and getting your contact details from it. These signs are pretty cheap to get and you can keep them forever. Most people really like to support local businesses and it’s also a bonus for them as they stay in the same locality. Make sure you list the key services on your sign along with the contact details e.g. your contact number and your social media page. Do mention information like online bookings available, opening hours, and any specials you may offer along with some catchy quotes! Get creative with your sign. If you’re renting a space for your business, displaying the signage on a window or door is also a great way to get noticed by potential clients.
- Directories – Get listings for your business on every directory you can find, like Yelp or any beauty listing sites. It contributes to your overall presence on Google. The more you show up on Google and are active on social media, the more trust you can gain from potential clients and the more likely they are to choose your business.
- Use an Online Booking system – Did you know business sites with online booking actually rank very well in Google? They usually appear in the top results when potential customers look up a service in their preferred location, even if the business is only using the free version. An added benefit is that having an online booking system can make managing your clients and business so much easier. Build in your waivers, policies, and consultations, which can also be found in the free version, to create a smoother business process.
- Utilise your social media – You probably already know this one, but you need to create a Facebook and Instagram business page for your business and post good-quality photos and entertaining posts consistently. Change up your hashtags regularly on Instagram and update your Facebook page as Facebook pages also pop up in Google search results. It is recommended to create a separate social media account for your business instead of using your personal account. This looks more professional and potential clients will take you seriously.
- Business networking – Your local community is the best way to get involved with other small businesses. Introduce yourself in person (most people appreciate a cheerful and welcoming face) or via social media and mention the services you offer. You can also let them know about some opening specials or on-going discounts you offer for local businesses. Drop off your business cards and flyers when you network to other businesses, especially hair salons and others in the same industry. It is amazing how many people from local businesses will become your potential clients once you do this. Local businesses always support each other by providing recommendations. You can also join local business networking groups. Staying connected builds confidence and you will gain knowledge and ideas that will help your business grow.
- Word of mouth – This speaks for itself! Offering the absolute best service to your clients, both technically and personally, will have everyone spreading the word to their friends, family, and anyone else who is looking for beauty services. We love and appreciate clients that are happy to leave a review. If your clients leave you a review, make sure you use them in your posts and highlights. With the beauty industry being so popular and the market currently saturated, you will have to make the effort to stand out from the rest.
Once you are a student at Ceecee’s, you will receive FREE support and business-related advice from our industry professionals. So, when you are ready to make your impression in the business industry, take full advantage of the resources at your disposal.
CEO Ceecees Beauty and Training